A good friend suggested I start a blog. Apparently my keen observation skills and writing talents are being wasted on my Facebook status updates. And because I have so much free time I decided "why not?" Since it was status updates that inspired this new method of procrastination, below are a selection from the past year:
11/28/11
Happiness is wearing sandals and a t-shirt in Boston in November!
11/4/11
When I was 17 my plan was to be a professional beach bum (AKA: marine biologist). As I lounge in a hammock in Caye Caulker, my 37 year old self thinks I was much smarter 20 years ago.
8/1/11
Never a good sign when the massage therapist says 'your back muscles are interesting'.
5/26/11
It is amazing how margaritas with a friend makes everything alright.
4/11/11
Red wine and poetry... the way to spend a Monday evening.
3/16/11
Karma Repair Kit: Items 1-4
1. Get enough food to eat, and eat it.
2. Find a place to sleep where it is quiet, and sleep there.
3. Reduce intellectual and emotional noise until you arrive at the silence of yourself, and listen to it.
4.
-Richard Brautigan
3/4/11
It is a little sad how happy I am to be home in my pajamas at 5:15 on a Friday...
1//7/11
Always include the village elders... always. And if you are in Botswana make sure you have at least 5 pounds of sugar for their tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment